Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happiness

My aunt called up today and she happened to ask my mother if i'm happy at school. Because i don't exactly tell my parents much, she has no answer to that. Afterwards, when she was relating the phone call to my father, my father was saying something like "what's the point of being happy if you don't do well for your studies? And so what if you're unhappy, as long as you do well?" and my mother was agreeing. I'm a little surprised at their reaction because i personally feel differently. I feel that the most important thing is to be happy in whatever you do so that you won't have any regrets. The same goes for studying. We spend almost half the time in school so it's terrible if we're feeling unhappy. Furthermore, people perform better when they are in a good mood... *sigh* I guess my aunt just understands youngsters better....

4 comments:

the evil woman said...

wow. Is your aunt the nan hua teacher?
BTW, I am happy in AJ but currently not doing well in studies, and that makes me a little unhappy. How????
Anyway, no matter what happens, we still have to move on. 2 years will pass very very fast.

the evil woman said...

ehhhh...u should consider putting a tagboard for convenient talking. Everytime I comment, I have to pass this word verification test lah. So troublesome.

KLiMin said...

haha... no lah.. but is her sister.. how to put tagboard? i com idiot one

the evil woman said...

You go here. http://cbox.ws/
Sign up. Then get the code and paste it into the template in your blog.