Reading is supposed to be an enjoyable process, but somehow, when school comes into play, it has become an additional chore. Rushing to finish the book before the due date, just like the numerous deadlines for schoolwork, has reduced the pleasure derived from reading. It's no wonder I find myself reading less and less the older I get. I wonder if this trend will reverse itself when i start working or it will just accelerate the process. Maybe by then I'll be rushing to read the papers everyday, something that I think I should be doing right now since I've not read the newspapers since the A'levels, I think. I'm becoming a "frog in the well" if not for the occasional few minutes of news headlines i hear everyday.
Mentioning this just reminded me of the 3min of individual speech I have to give for the effective com module on a topic of my choice. Even though it is still 1-2 months away, I can't help getting butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm reminded of it. This is how much I dislike public speaking.. Maybe it's because I'm not well-prepared enough, considering that I do not even have one ounce of clue what I should talk about without appearing childish.. Maybe I'm just worrying too much about what others may think.. Maybe I have a phobia.. Maybe it's a psychological barrier, which means it's a phobia.. Maybe I would have survived a lot better if I were to be born 2 centuries ago since I've always felt detached.. Maybe it's time for me to stop thinking I should be born 2 centuries ago and deal with life now.. maybe.. maybe... I dunno..
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But what if I do not have honey or sugar? Wouldn't it be the same then?
i have completely no idea how a seemingly innocent post can turn out to be so depressing... it's amazing how my brain is wired..
5 comments:
Ah min!!!! I totally understand how you feel because I face the same problem too! Maybe we should join some toastmaster club that can help us overcome our fear of public speaking. haha you want? you can consider first. I have been looking for someone to attend the toastmaster club meeting with me! haha.
We need to take action to overcome our fear!!! We can have a control over this!!! haha.
eh haha i didn't know there is this club around. haha i dun mind joining! but need to pay one right?
haha ya I think need to pay one, if you join the toastmaster club from outside. The CCK toastmaster club requires an annual membership fee of $180. I think ur school also has a toastmaster club! you can go any search engine and search for toastmasters singapore. Got a list of toastmaster clubs. Even singapore nurses have their own toastmaster club! haha
haha isit? i saw nus haf but didn't see ntu. anw if possible i wan to get out of school in case i meet ppl i noe there haha
u want to join the CCK one? the annual fee a bit ex. haha and all the people there are like working people. but never mind we will be the young blood there. Or mb there are younger people there but i just dun noe? haha ok i ask around first and get back to u.hahaha.
Post a Comment