Friday, May 15, 2009

A Killing Frost

I was updating my visual bookshelf on facebook and thinking what books I've read and liked when I suddenly thought of the Jack Frost series by R.D. Wingfield which I read quite a while back, when Jurong West library was still in Jurong Point. Don't ask me when it was because time seems to fly nowadays and I think that was back in my secondary school days. Anyway I remembered that I really liked it then and would always go back looking for more of the series, only to realise that he had written only 5 books.

Back at the visual bookshelf, I typed in his name and saw an unfamiliar title "A Killing Frost", which I don't think I've read or seen before so I went and googled his name(R.D. Wingfield, not Jack Frost), only to realise that he had passed away! Prostate cancer, according to wiki. Somehow it came as a shock to me. Similar to when Charles M. Schulz, author of "Peanuts" the comic strip, passed away in 2000. Somehow it feels as if I know him at a more personal level since I've read his books and stuff.

Yeah and that was a new book which he completed before he passed away and was published just last year, after his death. I'm so going to the library tomorrow (or rather later today) to borrow the book!

No comments: