yep it's time to repost the countdown timers.. sigh time really flies during the school term. I still don't really know what exactly i've learnt.. anyway, the main purpose of this post is to talk about "the sukiyaki song"! I didn't know it was such a popular song until I googled it. And you can also find many different renditions of this song on youtube! I first heard this song at Permanent Fish's concert (yup I'm still talking about them. It's not that easy to cure an addiction :P) and I have no idea why I suddenly felt like googling or youtubing for the song. Procrastination perhaps. But anyway, it's a really soothing song! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I hear it. It's apparently a very popular japanese song sung by Sakamoto Kyu in the 60s and even made it to #1 in the US! An amazing achievement in that time I would say. I love the acappella version and I can't remember if I have the recorded PF version.. hmm time to go look for it.. I'm now actively looking for a complete japanese acappella version of the song! I found a short approximately 40s version of the song by ss501 on 4shared and it's not bad! but where's the full version??? the english version by 4PM is not bad too. Actually, I think all the versions are nice! sigh... how i wish i can hear PF sing it again... No wonder Tosea went "Oh my God" when we said we dunno the song. HAHA!
YAHH THIS SEM IS COMING TO AN END SOON!!! DAMNNNNNN FAST!!!!
Haha anyway I am still unable to kick the PF addiction too! I still check their blog daily, as well as their schedule hoping to see "Singapore" to appear there again! This Wednesday will be 2 weeks since they performed! Their singing is still fresh on my mind! It seems like it was only yesterday when we attended their concert!
Haha your post on Sukiyaki made me go youtube and listen to the song too! And I found two of our local acappella groups doing a Japanese cover of it! You can go listen to their wonderful acappella covers!
1. By vocollision (this is my friend's sister grp!)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZBbgV55Qc
2. By Equivox- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzKw8bpuJh4
Sorry to feed your addiction, but good music must be shared!!! I am listening to it right noww haha
And if you go: http://www.a-cappella.org.sg/blog.html you will see my feedback on the international acappella festival there! haha
OKKK GTG!!! JIAYOU FOR YOUR STUDIES!!! EXAMS WILL END SOON BEFORE WE KNOW IT!!!!
1 comment:
YAHH THIS SEM IS COMING TO AN END SOON!!! DAMNNNNNN FAST!!!!
Haha anyway I am still unable to kick the PF addiction too! I still check their blog daily, as well as their schedule hoping to see "Singapore" to appear there again! This Wednesday will be 2 weeks since they performed! Their singing is still fresh on my mind! It seems like it was only yesterday when we attended their concert!
Haha your post on Sukiyaki made me go youtube and listen to the song too! And I found two of our local acappella groups doing a Japanese cover of it! You can go listen to their wonderful acappella covers!
1. By vocollision (this is my friend's sister grp!)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZBbgV55Qc
2. By Equivox-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzKw8bpuJh4
Sorry to feed your addiction, but good music must be shared!!! I am listening to it right noww haha
And if you go: http://www.a-cappella.org.sg/blog.html
you will see my feedback on the international acappella festival there! haha
OKKK GTG!!! JIAYOU FOR YOUR STUDIES!!! EXAMS WILL END SOON BEFORE WE KNOW IT!!!!
Post a Comment