Thursday, December 08, 2011

Last Holiday

I've been meaning to type this for a long time but have been distracted by games on my new phone! It's already one week into probably the last ever holiday I'll have, not including the period after I graduate. That will be considered unemployment. So, I have come up with a list of things to do this December holidays, which I promise I will complete them all as I doubt I'll have so much time in future again!

TV Programmes
US typically takes a break during this holiday season so there isn't really much shows for me to catch up with since they'll all be back only next year. There isn't many nice Japanese dramas for me to watch too and I'm not really chasing any anime right now, so the only show I'll be watching is LOST!! A few years too late, but I'm gonna finish up seasons 5 and 6! I'm a few eps into season 5 now and I'm hooked so I have no doubt I'll finish this up soon! I've been meaning to watch "One Piece" but I doubt this one month holiday is sufficient for me. If I'm not wrong, I think there's close to a thousand episodes already!!

UPDATE:
I've finished LOST but I'm starting on Gossip Girl! And ever since I found a new site to watch the US dramas that Funshion removed, I've been catching up on the past few episodes of Fringe and Glee. To continuously practise my Japanese, I've also found a few new anime to watch. In short, I've been watching lots of shows such that I've been neglecting the other tasks!

Books
I've downloaded a few ebooks, coupled with a few other books I borrowed from the library:

  • The Vampire Diaries Series

  • Sword of Truth Series

  • Stephanie Meyer, Twilight books

  • Inheritance, the last book in the inheritance cycle. I'll probably reread the rest too since I've forgotten what happened in the previous books. This final book has been a long wait!

  • Totto chan! I started reading this a long time ago but it's not very comfortable reading it on the computer screen! Now that I can read it on my phone, albeit the small words, I can probably finish this soon too!
  • Finally finished this! It's a really touching and inspiring story about an educator and his unique ways of teaching children. Mr. Kobayashi is truly a dedicated educator.

  • Books borrowed from the library. I should probably finish this first and I should stop borrowing for now considering I still have dozens of books to read.
  • Only managed to finish 2 books in the end but I guess it's better than not finishing any.


Clean My Room

  • Wash blankets

  • Wash bedsheets

  • Air the mattress

  • Wash my sweaters

  • Organise my wardrobe. Time to throw/give away those clothes I seldom wear. My wardrobe is running out of space. But that's not because I have too many clothes; rather it's because my wardrobe is too small....

  • Finally done this! But didn't throw many pieces away though.. It still looks pretty packed and I think it's because I have too many sweaters/cardigans which are taking up almost a third of my wardrobe space! I need to find a new place for them.

  • Organise my study table and shelves

  • Not much organising to be honest. Just finally kept the stuff from the last sem into the cupboards. Study table is still a mess as always but I'll clear it before school starts so as to have a little more motivation to study. Time to throw stuff from my drawers too as it has run out of space too... Argh my room is too small I hardly have any storage space!


And finally, one last thing:
Transfer all my stuff from my old Acer laptop. Perhaps I shall get the screen repaired and give it to my mother to use?

UPDATE #1:
It's been 2 weeks since I typed this and I've only completed one task! The good news is I've finally gotten round to washing my bedsheets and airing my bed. I'm putting off washing my blankets for now as it is pretty cold these few days. I'll probably get around to transferring all my stuff from my Acer laptop later today. And not forgetting there's still FYDP research which I've yet to do...

UPDATE #2:
I've finally transferred (all) my stuff over to my not-so-new laptop. Now all that's left is to organise those stuff and delete all unwanted things (which there are a lot). I've decided not to repair the screen as the laptop is running real slowly. Perhaps I can figure out how to remove the CPU from the laptop to sis's spoilt desktop (if it's even possible). It has a much bigger screen which is easier for my mother to see too.

No comments: