Sunday, July 24, 2005

Haha

Found this on the internet a few weeks ago and only thought of putting it on my blog today.
It's interesting. Read it (it's Bush's diary btw).

July 4, 2005

Dear Diary:

Well, I’m off to this big woopty-do over in Scotland. Seems like there’ll be some fireworks, and not the fun patriotic kind. Guess people are all riled up over this thing called global warming. We had some mighty cold days in D.C. over the winter so I think that pretty much supports my position that there might not be any such thing. OK, I’ll grant we have some stuff in the air that probably shouldn’t be there—pollutants and all. But I’m working on that. Hell, I keep telling everyone we should go back to coal. Worked for a while. There must be some of that left in the ground somewhere.
I’ve had some pretty smart people looking into this thing. Scientists—real bright ones. And one thing they said was that reducing sulfur emissions, which everyone was squawking about for a while, might have been a bad thing. Apparently those little sulfate particles reflect sunlight and bounce it right back into space. And you can guess what that leads to. You got it—greenhouse gasses. So all those environmental types have themselves to blame. They shoulda left the sulfur emissions where they were.
Another thing, with all this talk about warming, my team tells me that no one has really figured out how warm is too warm. I mean, come on—what’s a few degrees here and there? Oh, I can hear the chanting now—all about the ice caps melting and the animals who need the ice to live. Well, may I remind you that ice melts into water and we in Texas could use some of that? As for the animals, we can put some into zoos, keep them around that way.
I don’t like being blamed for the whole Kyoto thing. Don’t like it one bit. I’m looking out for the pocketbooks of the people who elected me. Especially the ones who contributed, and contributed big. Besides, that Kyoto deal exempted China and India. They’re polluters, too. If they don’t have to change, then I’m not gonna change. I’ll just pick up my stuff and go home. That’s the way we do things in Texas.
I wish all those enviro folks would smarten up and use their heads. Humans aren’t to blame for the weather or for all those pollutants in the air. OK, maybe some of the pollutants, but not all. Yes, I know about the rain forests and all the other forests. But for God’s sake, there are big animals in those places. How do you know they haven’t been knocking down trees and just flattening whole areas? Not to mention all the bugs they have in the rain forests—those critters can just gnaw a tree into nothing. As for the other forests, don’t be so quick to blame the loggers. Ever see a grizzly bear? A tree wouldn’t stand a chance if a grizzly wants to knock it down. So stop blaming people for everything.
Well, diary, I guess I got my work cut out for me. I’m thinking Tony Blair won’t be inviting me for tea on this trip. He’s been talking on and on—the earth this, the earth that. I don’t really care as long as he keeps his troops in Iraq. Time for a nap.

1 comment:

qixin , said...

hi klm! ((: i was too lazy to read thru bush's diary. so. uh. jus wna tell u that i was here! yayyy-

yays.