I love musicals! Whether it's musicals in theatres or movie adaptations of musicals, i love them all(though i've never watched a live musical before). I watched my first ever M18 movie on monday! Sweeney Todd!! One main reason i watched it on a late monday night besides it being a musical is the fact that Johnny Depp is the lead! Woohoo!! I love Johnny Depp and all his different looks in different movies. He seems to have a knack for playing characters with very weird zao xings. Many would say that his portrayal of Cptn Jack Sparrow is the most memorable one and i would have to agree considering that "Pirates" is a three-part series, though i would not say that it is my favourite. He's an excellent actor and doesn't sing too badly either!(though i do not consider myself a good judge.)
Speaking of Sweeney Todd, I was staring at Judge Turpin for a loooong time and finding his accent oh-so-familiar before finally remembering that he's Alan Rickman, or perhaps more fondly known as Prof Snape in HP! All in all, excellent acting by all the casts in the show. Having actors whom i know of better helps too. though that is besides the point..
And YES!! I KNEW IT! The rat-like guy who played Beadle in ST is Peter Pettigrew in HP!! HAHA and i was thinking how there can be so many rat-like guys in this world
No comments:
Post a Comment