I was really excited when I woke up this morning. Excited to know how Japan did in their last match in the group round. This feeling was similar to when I was checking my exam results! Finally, the moment of truth came and viola, Japan has advanced into the next round with a score of 3 goals against Denmark's 1 goal!
Anyway, they'll be meeting Paraguay in their first knockout round. It seems as if the European countries cannot play outside their home soil since both Italy and France, the winner and runner-up of the 2006 World Cup both didn't manage to advance. Ok, I'm no soccer guru here, just commenting based on the scores.
If Japan wins against Paraguay, they'll be meeting either the first of group H or the second of group G and currently the 2 teams who will confirm be advancing in group G is Brazil and Portugal. Whichever country wins tonight's match will be in first place. And I think the group H teams are all very friendly since all of them have played 2 matches each and everyone has won once so their current score tally is 3 points each. Whoever wins the last 2 matches will be the ones advancing on to the next round. However, all this is not important since I think they'll lose to Brazil or Portugal in their first knock-out round, which brings me back to my main point. I think Japan is a little unlucky to be placed in the same block as Brazil/Portugal. Supposing they manage to win against Paraguay, they'll be meeting some tough competition in the round-of-8! So of course I'm hoping that some tyco scoring can be made by the winner of group H so that they instead of Brazil/Portugal will advance but I think it is not very possible since these two teams have been playing consistently well in their group matches (or perhaps the other 2 teams just need to practise more).
Oh well oh well, somehow my fever has cooleed off a little already since I haven't really been watching any matches, but I'll definitely support Japan all the way! JAPAN FTW!!
Come on Singapore. When are you going to make it into the World Cup so that I can start supporting my own country. When that day comes, the ideal finals match-up for me will be Singapore vs Japan!!
Ok I'm starting to crap. The above comments are made by a fanatical Japan supporter soccer noob so please do not take offence in anything. Gtg or I'm gonna be late for work! Great job Japan!
No comments:
Post a Comment