Thursday, July 08, 2010

Back to Primary School!

I went back to JWPS with 3 of my other primary school friends today! Stepping into the school, I realised that I don't really have the "ahhh I remember this" kind of moment. In fact, as we toured the school, my friends were gushing about where they sat in the art room, science lab, and classroom but the only vague memory I had was where I sat in the classroom! And that was after some reminders by my friend! Somehow it feels as if all my memories are mixed together, from my memories at PTPS, to those at JWPS, and even to a certain extent, to the lower secondary days at NHSS! Things which I thought happened at JWPS didn't really occur there and I only realised the mistake as I walked around the school today! I guess the filing system in my brain is as disorganised as my room! I also couldn't really remember the names of the teachers who were there when I was studying there.

Anyway, we toured the school with our Chinese teacher as a guide! It's nice to know that she's still there after so long! While we were there, we also witnessed the end of recess! It's a really interesting sight! At the end of recess, a blare(sounds like a siren) will be sounded using a loudspeaker. During the sounding of the alarm, the entire canteen will fall into silence and when the siren stops, everyone will start screaming and rushing to get back to class! And I realised I don't really remember the food I ate in school, if I even ate in school at all! All I know is that I usually played catching with my friends during recess instead of eating so there wasn't really any food which brings back memories for me! All the snacks and fried beehoon I still remember were probably eaten in PTPS! Now that I've gone back to JWPS, the clutter in my brain has become slightly more tidy. At least now I know a little clearer what happened when!

No comments: