Monday, July 05, 2010

Stressful Day At Work

Work today was really stressful. There were close to 120 patients in a span of 8h. That's 15 patients per hour, which comes to 4min per patient, assuming the doctor takes the same amount of time to see each patient and doesn't take any breaks. There were 70 patients already for the morning session and a sarcastic doctor doesn't make things any better, so I snapped, "You're being sarcastic". Yes, I snapped. I was surprised at myself too. I'm sorry for being useless and not being able to take the initiative to get someone to transfer another doctor down to help. I hate being a messenger and having to come running whenever you sound the buzzer. It makes me feel like a dog which has to come running whenever its name is being called. Perhaps a dog might enjoy it but I'm not a dog so I don't. I feel like I've been here 1 month too long. I should have left long ago and I will be doing something different now. I've been bringing forward my last day of work by myself. The contract states my last day as being 27 August but I've since brought it forward to 13 August, and now I think I might bring it forward to 31 July. Technically, I'm not lying since I told everyone who asked that I'ld be working till August. I didn't say when exactly so 31 July is still considered working till August. Start of August. Hopefully I won't decide to bring it forward anymore, but it's hard to say since I'm currently working with a few people who keep me busy when I'm not in the doctor's room, which is the place I'm responsible for. This post was initially planned to be longer but I'm too tired to continue typing. All the anger is draining what little energy I have left after work.

On a side note, I went to an interview after work today (which I was almost late for due to the large number of patients) and I'll know the result by the end of this week. Hopefully I won't be categorised under the "rejected" pile. I think I might fall into the "KIV" stack but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll receive a call this week.

No comments: