Thursday, August 05, 2010

Tomorrow is finally my last day of work!! I've been counting down to this day since last week and I'm amazed at myself for being able to work there for 2 months and 1 week!


Will I miss working there?

Probably not since I'm feeling quite happy and relieved at being able to rest after tomorrow.


Will I miss the people there?
I'm not sure. The people there have been quite understanding, and sometimes even tolerant of me, since I feel like I did not do a great job in carrying out my duties.


Do I give people the impression that I'm not serious in my work?

Perhaps. Today I got reprimanded by a doctor, saying that I should stay in the doctor's room more often instead of staying outside and to check that the items in the doctor's rooms are all stocked up and everything should be there for the doctors in case they need it. Perhaps the other doctors are too polite to tell me so. And since I have a predecessor before me, it means that I have huge shoes to fill, according to the doctor. I guess this means that the person replacing me after tomorrow will have an easier time since it isn't exactly that difficult to do a better job than me. There are times when I get the "Why so serious" feeling. Yes, I think that I might be brushing some things off or not taking them as seriously as they should be but that's because I don't see why I should stress myself out. Perhaps this is also what irritates people about me...

Anyway, through this job I've got to learn about myself a little bit more. I learnt that being a secretary is not a job for me. I can serve people, just not one particular person all the time. Being in customer service is much better since you get to meet lots of different types of people. Though some may be more difficult than others, every meeting is a learning experience, and there are also many very appreciative people out there who can really make your day.

On a side note, this has been a really busy week for me! Starting from the Singapore Science Festival exhibition at Marina Square on Sunday! It was fun seeing all the exhibitions! Feels like being back in school looking at all the simple but interesting experiments done! The cornstarch one particularly reminds me of my childhood!


Seeing the little kids' faces as the hammer hits something hard as rock and yet so liquid the next moment reminds me of when I used to play with cornstarch and marvel in wonder at how the wet cornflour flows through my fingers so freely at one moment, and refuses to budge when I try to move it!

The water chromatography was another experiment that caused me to reminisce as I recall drawing a black dot using a marker in the middle of some filter paper I "took" from school and trying to see the colours spread, only to fail everytime because the marker was waterproof -.-

There were other more complex experiments which left me looking in wonder as I try to understand the science behind them. All in all, it was a fun experience as I revisit these simple yet intriguing phenomenon we never think to question most of the time!

I was out late the past three days too, attending training and jap lessons. I was supposed to be out today too watching "Inception" only to be put aeroplane! But anyway, I'm glad to be able to be home early today, even though I know I can be home all day long after tomorrow if I want to!

OK! This is a long post for a busy week! And I have tons to say about the upcoming YOG but too tired to continue now. I'll leave this for another time then!

No comments: